6-6A District Cross Country Meet - Boys
6-6A District Cross Country Meet - Girls
Wow…’twas a fantastic day of running this morning!!! Varsity girls: 4th place team finish🏅(last place in 2020) Gracie Ladner - 8th place and regional qualifier!!! JV girls: 3rd place team finish🥉(5th place in 2020) Angie Mercado - 6th place Sara Sorenson - 9th place Words can not describe the pride I have in the work that’s been put in to lead us to the outstanding performances and teamwork today!!! How truly lucky I am that I get to be called “coach” of this wonderfully magnificent group of young women. ❤️ Be proud of who you are and the work you put in!!
- There is ONE Plano XC/Track team for 9th-12th grade.
- ALL XC/track athletes gets bused from Vines & Clark daily.
- EVERY athlete must have a new physical and medical history form on file and new UIL forms in RankOne every year.
- Team website: planorunning.com
- Girls head XC/Track coach: Amy Dehdari; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys head XC/Track coach: Mo Bynum; email@example.com
- Rank One forms: https://planoisd.rankonesport.com/New/Home.aspx
- XC season is August to mid-October.
- Summer workouts begin in June and are led by team captains.
Track & Field:
- Track season is late January to mid-April.
- Off-season track is first semester.
- Try-outs occur first two weeks of each semester.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I do cross country and other sports/activities?
A: YES!!! We are very flexible with other activities (band, bb, soccer, choir, etc). We have MANY athletes that do multiple activities through the year.
Q: How far is a cross country race and when are meets?
A: Most races are 5K (3.1 miles) and are held Saturday mornings (Aug-Oct).
Q: What if I can’t run that far at one time right now? Will I get cut?
A: That’s ok, that’s what training is for! You do NOT have to have running experience to join! As long as you show up and work hard, there are NO cuts in cross country!
Q: I’m doing track off-season, but my schedule says “cross country?!?”
A: You are in the right place! They name the class “Cross Country” in the fall and “Track” in the spring. There are two training groups in the fall - off-season track and in-season XC
|Click Here to upload/view 2021/2022 Pictures|
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization, you can use the same log-in here.