Congratulation to all our athletes who moved on from District!
Grace Mooney placed third in both the 100m WC and 400m WC at Area; then 5th in the Region and now she is headed to State!!
Sakiya Jackson placed 4th in the shotput at Area and then 6th in the Region!!
Kensie Lee placed 7th in the discus at Area!!
PHOTOS FROM THIS YEAR:
Click Here to upload/view 2021 XC Pictures
Click Here to upload/view 2022 Track Pictures
- There is ONE Plano XC/Track team for girls in 9th-12th grade.
- Girls XC/track athletes gets bused from Vines & Clark daily.
- EVERY athlete must have a new physical and medical history form on file and new UIL forms in RankOne every year.
- Team website: planorunning.com
- Girls head XC/Track coach: Amy Dehdari; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rank One forms: https://planoisd.rankonesport.com/New/Home.aspx
- XC season is August to mid-October.
- Summer workouts begin in June and are led by team captains.
Track & Field:
- Track season is late January to mid-April.
- Off-season track is first semester.
- Try-outs occur first two weeks of each semester.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I do cross country and other sports/activities?
A: YES!!! We are very flexible with other activities (band, bb, soccer, choir, etc). We have MANY athletes that do multiple activities through the year.
Q: How far is a cross country race and when are meets?
A: Most races are 5K (3.1 miles) and are held Saturday mornings (Aug-Oct).
Q: What if I can’t run that far at one time right now? Will I get cut?
A: That’s ok, that’s what training is for! You do NOT have to have running experience to join! As long as you show up and work hard, there are NO cuts in cross country!
Q: I’m doing track off-season, but my schedule says “cross country?!?”
A: You are in the right place! They name the class “Cross Country” in the fall and “Track” in the spring. There are two training groups in the fall - off-season track and in-season XC
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization, you can use the same log-in here.